This one is odd to me. As the list comes out of Obama's cabinet, I thought about New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson's appointment as Commerce Secretary. Why on earth would an ambitious politician like Richardson demote himself from chief executive of a state to the Secretary of Commerce?
Could it speak to the notion that politicians such as Richardson don't see such an appointment as a demotion at all because D.C. is "where it's at?" With the federal government effectively taking over whole sectors of the economy now, Commerce Secretary could end up being one of the most powerful positions in the World.
3 comments:
Richardson will be great. Just watch!
from Stephen Fox
Contributing Editor
New Mexico Sun News
Santa Fe, NM
check out this article, and if you have a good idea or two about how to improve or just restore the US Economy after 8 years of Neocon Destruction:
http://www.opednews.com/articles/ADVICE-FOR-THE-NEXT-SECRET-by-Stephen-Fox-081202-767.html
THANKS!
I MEANT TO ADD AT END OF COMMENT:
Please post your ideas(s) in the comment section after the article.
In what ways will he be great? I'll have to read your article to see.
Post a Comment